Monday 22 September 2008

Latest degree developments... becoming a graduate?

Definitely feeling a marked change in my responses and actions when problems arise in the workplace. I am beginning to delegate more, as the new school term becomes busier, this approach is getting jobs done. Whilst I am carrying out my primary task, ensuring a positive learning environment is maintained, I am able to delegate other important tasks which are generally carried out successfully. Improved personal organisation skills have been a major factor in this development.

I am making my voice heard and also sticking up for my students' voice in places and situations where they cannot. This requires a diplomatic approach when there are human beings involved and when I want to avoid offending or upsetting people. I have learnt that this is sometimes unavoidable in order to 'get the job done'.

I can only think that these developments have come from gradually gaining more confidence due to the tasks I have carried out during my degree.

What will the next one be I wonder...

No comments: